Applying for MMPA
Admission decisions are based on an analysis of academic strength, leadership ability, experience, professionalism, and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Applicants admitted into the Master of Management & Professional Accounting program must have the following:
A satisfactory GPA in the final year of a four-year bachelor’s degree is required for the stream you are applying to. Please view streams here.
- For Canadian universities, please visit the OLSAS Undergraduate Grading System Conversion Table to help guide you in determining whether you meet the minimum GPA requirements for our program.
- The University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies establishes degree & GPA equivalencies for international degrees. Please consult the School of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements to determine your country of study's equivalency to the four-year bachelor's degree requirement and mid-B GPA requirement.
Applicants applying to the Master of Management & Professional Accounting program must have taken a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) within the past 5 years, if required (please see waiver options below). The GMAT test results must be submitted by the application deadline. GRE is not accepted
Minimum scores required:
- Total Score: 570
- Verbal: 46%
- Quantitative: 46%
- AWA: 4.0
- There is no minimum for the Integrated Reasoning section
The GMAT can only be waived for the following:
- Students who have studied for 4 years at an accredited North American university and graduated or will graduate with a four-year degree are not required to provide a GMAT
- Any applicant graduating from one of the following:
- University of Toronto Mississauga’s BCom (Accounting Specialist Program);
- The Rotman School’s BCom (Accounting Specialist);
- The University of Toronto Scarborough’s BBA (Specialist in Management & Accounting)
The MMPA Program Code is BTD-88-76. Please ensure to request your scores be made available to the “The MMPA Program”.
The GMAT is offered as the Computer-Adaptive Test. Further information is available, and tests can be scheduled at the Official GMAT website.
If test centres are closed in your area due to the COVID-19 pandemic, then please proceed to write online.
English Proficiency Test
You will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency if:
- English is not your first language (i.e., is not the first language you learned at home as a child);
- You have not completed at least four or more years of full-time study at a recognized Canadian school that teaches in English;
- You have not completed at least four or more years of full-time study in an English language school located in a country where the dominant language is English;
- Your first language is not French, and you have not completed four or more years of full-time study at a recognized Canadian school
Proof of English language proficiency must be provided by satisfactory performance on one of the following tests:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) [Institution Code — 0982];
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (offered through a number of locations, for example MELAB.ca);
International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
The Certificate of Proficiency in English (COPE)
Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)
The Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Test measures the English language proficiency of students planning to study at Canadian universities and colleges.
Minimum scores required:
- TOEFL: Total: 100, Writing: 22, Speaking: 22
- IELTS: Overall 7.0 and 6.5 in each component
- COPE Required Score: 76 (with at least 22 in each component and 32 in the writing component).
- CAEL Required score: 70 minimum total score with at least 60 in each part.
To review the School of Graduate Studies English proficiency exemptions in full, please click here.
Application Fee - $359.60
An application fee of CAD $359.60 is required.
View MMPA program tuition & fees
MMPA Program Requirements
We look holistically at candidates, looking for qualities that make them stand out. We believe that exposure to diverse viewpoints makes for a superior learning experience. MMPA has two streams available to study, specific to your needs, background and education. Use our flow chart to determine which MMPA Stream would be the best fit for you!
One Year MMPA Requirements
Specialized stream for students who completed their undergraduate degree in a Canadian university specializing in accounting. Enjoy accelerated opportunities to achieve your professional ambitions with an MBA curriculum and a fast track to CPA accreditation.
View One Year MMPA Requirements ►
Two Year MMPA Requirements
For students from any field of study who have completed a 4-year undergraduate or graduate degree. The Two Year MMPA is a master’s level fast track to rewarding careers in professional accounting, finance, and the broader business world.
View Two Year MMPA Requirements ►
Applying to MMPA
Applications open on September 1st for the following academic year and close on January 31st. All applications are to be submitted online.