Two Year MMPA Admission Requirements
Open to all students, the Two-Year MMPA can help students with any 4-year undergraduate degree make the jump into management.
For students with a non-business undergraduate degree, this program pairs their previous studies with robust business and accounting capabilities. These students are required to complete a 3-month foundation term to ensure they have a solid introduction to the topics covered in the program.
To be eligible for the Two Year MMPA without needing to complete the 3-month foundation term, students must meet the Advanced Standing Requirements.
The following basic criteria are used in assessing applicants. Due to the competitive nature of admissions to the program, successful candidates tend to exceed the minimum requirements.
1. Undergraduate Degree
- A 4-year university undergraduate degree in any field
- International degree equivalency can be found here
- Minimum mid-B average (73-76% or 3.0 GPA) in the final year of a four-year bachelor’s degree
- Minimum grade of a B- in the required six advanced standing courses (only for the 2-year stream)
- Applicants are required to upload a copy of their university academic record, unless they are a student from the University of Toronto. University of Toronto academic records will be verified directly
The University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies establishes degree & GPA equivalencies for international degrees. Please consult the School of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements to determine your country of study's equivalency to the four-year bachelor's degree requirement and mid-B GPA requirement.
2. GMAT (if required)
Achieve minimum required scores
- Minimum GMAT score of 570*
- Minimum AWA score of 4.0
- Minimum Verbal & Quantitative score of 46%
Scores are to be reported to “the MMPA program”
- Students who have studied for 4 years at an accredited North American university and graduated or will graduate with a four-year degree are not required to provide a GMAT
- if you are eligible for a GMAT waiver, please email email@example.com to request the waiver once you have submitted your application
3. English Proficiency Test (if required)
Achieve one of the following
- TOEFL: Total: 100, Writing: 22, Speaking: 22 (TOEFL code: 0982)
- MELAB: 85
- IELTS: Overall 7.0 and 6.5 in each component
- COPE: Reading: 22, Listening: 22, Writing: 32, Total: 86
- Students with an undergrad or graduate degree from a recognized English-language university will not be required to submit an English Proficiency Test
- Two professional and/or academic reference contacts with institutional email addresses
- One brief 500-word essay
- Summary of the applicant's academic and professional work history
- All candidates will be interviewed before they are offered admission to the program. Interviews are by invitation only.
Please note, there is an application fee of CDN$355.
Important Application Dates
- September 1st, 2021 — Applications open
- October 31, 2021 — Early Deadline for decisions by end of December 2021
- January 31, 2022 — Final Deadline for decisions by end April 2022
- May 2022 & September 2022 — Program start
International students are encouraged to complete their application as early as possible so that they have enough time to process their student visas. This can take as long as six months.
The Application Process: There are a few key things you need to do to apply to MMPA — Please view application instructions here.
Got questions? Direct any questions and enquiries to your 1-Year MMPA recruiter, Bianca Gaspini.